30 December 2005

To all Duck fans

HA, HA! OK 17, OR 14 HA, HA!

I'm not much of a sports fan, but I do love it when UO loses. Saturdays during football season I root for two teams-- Oregon State and whoever is playing Oregon.

I don't have anything against UO, per se. I just resent the local media creating the expectation that, just because we live in this state, we all need to fall down on our knees and worship the Ducks. I used to feel the same way about the Portland Trailblazers. Back when they were contenders, Blazer basketball was almost like the official state religion. Now they are so bad, the players' frequent legal and criminal troubles hog all the headlines.

1 comment:

Whack Patti said...

At my school it's expected to be a rabid fan of one or the other. The little ones ask me all the time: Are you a duck or a beaver? I say either I'm a human, or I don't care. That is unacceptable to them and I am forced to choose. I sometimes say beavers, cuz they are cuter. Other times I say ducks cuz I like how they quack. Next time I will borrow a line from my stand-in husband and say "Yes!" Or how about "How can I choose, they are both delicious!"